Here's a wild Mahavishnu tune I covered in one day!
I memorized most of the solos, too. This is very close to the record!
All of the guitar parts were played on the Marble Head using the Vox
amp with the Lewitt mic. Then for the drums and violin tracks, I
played on the Yanaha m06. I also used one of the clavinets off of the Korg SV-1, and the Rhodes from the Nord 2 HA-88. I played on the fretted bass using the bass pod, and the synth parts were done on the Little Phatty. The gongs were from the Garritan Instant Orchestra "Earth Metal Percussion."
I put a whole bunch of wild effects on some of the instruments. For
another instance of the gong track, I added a flange effect. (I first
put a mono preset in both tracks.) Then for the synth solo, and violin
tracks, I added a distortion effect off of the Cakewalk Ampsim (I
think I used "British Crunch" on the synth solo, and "Fuzz 1" for the
Anyway, I had a lot of fun doing this one.